Monday, July 28, 2008

Josephine Public strikes back!

News24 reports how a local Port Elizabeth ballerina Pasqual Burger, 17, set all thoughts of graceful movement aside to help a friend. She helped to prevent hijackers from getting away with the car of a fellow dancer, Beathe Barnard, on Friday [25 July]. Two armed men attacked Barnard when she got to her car in the parking lot behind the ballet studio in Mount Pleasant after ballet practice.

Burger says, "I yanked the man from behind the steering wheel.
When he was out of the car, he threw me to the ground.
I jumped up and grabbed him again - I just didn't want him to get into that car again ... I didn't really take a decision to help Beathe ... it just came automatically."

Comment: You go girl! Womandla and all that ...



No comments: