Thursday, April 10, 2008

"Kill the bastards" – minister tells police

"Kill the bastards"

"You must kill the bastards if they threaten you or the community. You must not worry about the regulations. That is my responsibility. Your responsibility is to serve and protect"
These were the fiery words of Deputy Safety and Security Minister Susan Shabangu at an anti-crime imbizo in Pretoria West on Wednesday 9 April.
Shabangu, who received a standing ovation, was responding to questions on what police and the government were doing to curb crime.
==
"I won't tolerate any pathetic excuses for you not being able to deal with crime. You have been given guns, now use them.
"I want no warning shots. You have one shot and it must be a kill shot. If you miss, the criminals will go for the kill. They don't miss. We can't take this chance.
==
"The [South African] constitution says criminals must be kept safe, but I say No!
"I say we must protect the law-abiding people and not the criminals. I say that criminals must be made to pay for their crimes," she said.

As reported on IOL

Wow! I'm not sure what to say but I think I and a whole pile of other citizens would have stood up and applauded too. This woman's got brass ones...

No comments: